Saturday, May 5, 2007

Derby Day, Cinco De Mayo...well not tonight anyway

Though we did make strawberry margarita’s, ate some baked tortilla chips with mango salsa, and had an afternoon siesta…our main meal had a little different flair.

Early this morning I made some crisp, quick pickles with the kirby cucumbers I received this week.





Green Leaf Salad with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Red Onions and Apricot Nectar Dressing

This was a killer salad; I will definitely make this again this summer. The original recipe called for spinach leaves, I switched that out with my green leaf lettuce from the mobile market and since the dressing called for apple cider, and that's not in season right now, I used an apricot nectar. It all turned out great.








And one of my FAVORITE dessert standby's…a Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble. (I stock up on rhubarb when it’s in season – I wash it, chunk it, and freeze it in individual servings.) So good, in my opinion vanilla ice cream not required, but a welcome addition. I think I hear it calling my name...









No comments: