Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Egg-stra Delicious!

I made a recipe from this months Everyday Food magazine (love that little mag). We had an Apple and Cheddar Frittata last night along with a side salad. This is one of those recipes that can be altered to whatever you have on hand or a "clean out the fridge" night.


I also made my own Zucchini and Cream Cheese Pasta - that turned out to be a real winner. First I chopped up and roasted a couple zucchini's with EVOO and s&p for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees. While that was going I cooked the pasta according to the box directions (I always use whole wheat pasta). Then I took 4 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the pasta water, little more s&p and whisked that together until smooth and creamy. Drain the pasta, stir in the cream cheese sauce and top with roasted zucchini. This REALLY was good and satisfying. We had a salad with feta and roasted peanuts and a rice vinegar/EVOO dressing along with this...killer combination too.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks delicious, as usual!! I can't wait until I get strawberries in my CSA basket - those look so good on your salad. What else is on the salad? I can't tell...

Jessica said...

The egg recipe called for two gala apples- but I thought that was too many, so I toppled the salad with apples and strawberries.