Sunday, May 6, 2007

Slow Cooked Dishes...as a Sunday should be

I made a couple new recipes today. This morning I made Breakfast Bulgur Porridge with dried cherries, walnuts, and brown sugar. I have used bulgur wheat before in Tabbouleh Salad as a savory side dish, but I had never tried it with more of a sweet side. This was a very nice warm and stick to your ribs breakfast...was great for a Sunday morning.



For lunch, I just finished making Spinach Risotto with Spring Peas. This was very good but I prefer and will continue making mushroom risotto in the future.

It's looking like frozen pizza and a spiced wheat ale beer for dinner...then a big bowl of kettle cooked popcorn with a movie at home...I'll have to post that recipe sometime soon.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Jess! The blog looks great! The pictures of the bulgur porridge and risotto turned out beautifully. I've always heard that photographing food is one of the most difficult types of photography to master! You're off to a great start. :o) LOVE YOU!