Sunday, June 10, 2007

On the Lighter Side

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers

1 lb ground chicken
1-2 Tbsp grill seasoning
3 green onions chopped
4 oz cubed swiss or mozarella cheese
4 oz cubed ham

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix, and form into patties. Grill 4-5 minutes per side and enjoy!





Jerk Chicken Salad (recipe adapoted from Pampered Chef sent to me by Dusty)

1 pound chicken tenders, chopped, cooked in EVOO with 1 tbsp jerk rub
1 medium pineapple, sliced (I had canned ring slices)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 bag butter or romaine lettuce
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained

Place salad in the bottom of the bowl, top with remaining ingredients and drizzle with dressing. Andy loved this!

Dressing
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
4 tablespoons EVOO
Whisk all ingredients together.

2 comments:

Denver said...

What kind of calories are we talking with the chicken patties? It seems pretty healthy. I have had a shark burger, and really enjoyed it. You didn't say if you watch "Good Eats". I think I have seen them all and love his recepies. I think megan has some posted on one of her sites.

Jessica said...

I do like to watch Good Eats, I have by no means seen them all though. I think he gives the best version of the classic way to make a particular dish. Does Megan have a blog page? I would enjoy seeing it...you probably won't find shark burgers on my page anytime soon.