Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pasta for dinner and sweet Pancakes for dessert!

(5 stars)
A couple dishes with protein for Denver...
Rigatoni with Squash and Prawns
This was very satisfying and yet different enough to keep pasta interesting. I used frozen squash puree; quicker and easier than cubing and cooking down a fresh squash like the recipe above calls for.

Ricotta Pancakes*****
These may look like regular pancakes, but they are made with lowfat ricotta cheese (so you get a little protein too). Yum-o! I then drizzle them with honey or maple syrup for extra goodness!

2 comments:

Denver said...

Protein ---shmo-tein! Look at me a gimp! Once I start trainning again I will worry about protein...until then....bring out the cute fluffy creatures to cook and eat!!

Denver said...

I am going to have to make this though...looks super good. Plus I love shrimp.