Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Purees!

Last week I heard about a great way to implement more vegetable into ones diets (this was focused on kids), but both Andy and I enjoy eating healthy, nutrient rich diets so I am looking forward to including more of these recipes into my diet.

Here’s the link to the book: (click here) I have ordered it but not yet received it.


I made the carrot and broccoli purees this past weekened. I froze them in 1/2 cup portions, and have them ready to use when the book arrives.
First, steam the vegetable for 5-10 minutes, or until fork tender. Second, process them in a food processor, adding a few tablesppons of water as needed, until smooth. Portion out and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Now I just need the book for the yummy recipes! I heard there is a chickpea chocolate chip cookie, brownies made with beet puree, and chicken fingers with broccoli puree! I know from my experience adding vegetables into baked ggods make them super mosit and flavorful, so I am excited to give it a try! More to come!

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

Very interesting! Let me know how the recipes turn out.