Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Simple Soups

Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew*****
Andy and I really enjoyed this! I also thought it was much better than the Kentucky Burgoo. I was very pleased to come home to this on a week night.
We served it with a dollop of sour cream.

1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
2 frozen or thawed chicken breasts
1 package frozen succotash or sliced okra or lima beans (10 ounces)
1 cup chopped onion
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried crumbled rosemary
1/2 teaspoon pepper
dash ground cloves
2 1/2 cups chicken broth

In slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes and tomato paste. Add chicken, frozen succotash or sliced okra, onion, bay leaf, salt, rosemary, pepper and cloves. Stir in chicken broth. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Before serving, remove bay leaf and stir.


Acorn Squash Bisque**
This was disappointing, it was a little bland and not very thick; not at all what I was expecting. I really liked the photo I took though.

No comments: