Saturday, February 23, 2008

(Click above to link to the recipe)
I continually go back to this chili time and time again; it’s become the household favorite. Typically, I vary the recipe by using different spices such as chipotle chili powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, or in the case of tonight chhole masala. It’s also nice to substitute some of the liquid in the recipe with a lager or ale beer on occasion.

(I had trouble photographing this dish)

Romaine Hearts with Greek Dressing****

(Click above to link to the recipe)

A versatile, easy, and super quick salad that goes well with many dishes.

Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta *****

(Click above to link to the recipe)

This was surprisingly good, it's full of rich tomato, tangy feta cheese, and a touch of vibrant dill. I served this with brown jasmine rice but whole wheat orzo would work nicely too.

Sweet Cherry Rhubarb Crumble*****

this time I varied the fruit by using dark sweet cherries and rhubarb tossed with a little almond extract. Another favorite, previously posted, fruit combination is red raspberry and rhubarb!

I love this Crumble Topping - (link to the recipe)

No comments: