Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Friends Balsamic Dressing

 

A friend of ours visited recently and showed us a great balsamic dressing .  This is best served on a basic Greek salad with olives, feta, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion.

 

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

3 tsp garlic, chopped

1 tsp Dijon mustard

2 tsp basil, dried

2 tsp oregano, dried

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

 

Place all ingredients in a food processor/blender whirl until emulsified.  Stir in the refrigerator in a glass jar  up to 2 weeks.

 

foodblog 001

I did a variation of Provencal Tuna Melts earlier posted.  This time I used fresh rosemary, mint, and oregano (what my garden is currently growing) skipped the onion and used a hint of orange zest and fresh juice to compliment the rosemary.  I also used whole wheat croissants and Colby jack cheese.  These were served on a simple bed of mixed greens with the balsamic dressing recipe above.

 

No comments: