- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 link precooked Spanish chorizo, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth, (14.5 oz)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- In a heavy 12-inch saute; pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, onions, pepper, and garlic stirring frequently 6 to 7 minutes, turning chicken once.
- Add chorizo sausage to pan; cook over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in peas and shrimp, submerging them into the liquid. Cover and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout and liquid is almost completely absorbed 4 to 6 minutes; serve immediately.