Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homemade Granola*****

I love having homemade granola on hand, and the cinnamon aroma of this recipe hits you every time the container is opened.  I sprinkle this on low-fat vanilla yogurt,on top of a crumb cake or crisp, or a creamy bowl of oatmeal.

finleywilson 030

Cooking Spray

3 cups old-fashioned oats

4 Tbsp ground flax seed

1/2 cup sliced unsalted almonds

1/2 cup local honey

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl combine the above ingredients. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

mountainmel said...

This is the first recipe I've found that doesn't contain coconut. I love coconut, but my kids don't. Your recipe sounds so delicious, and I can't wait to try it. Thanks.

Mel in CO