This was a nice recipe, nothing spectacular but hearty, healthy, and easy to make.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound baby arugula
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted if desired
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and set aside.
- Place pasta pot over medium heat. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon EVOO; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula to pot; toss just until wilted. Add beans, pasta, and remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO and butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss, adding enough reserved water to mixture to coat pasta. Garnish with walnuts.