As I was making these I realized that they are basically the same ingredients I use daily in my muesli only with the addition of an egg. Individually wrap and freeze these so that they are portable breakfasts on busy weekends or quick grab-and-go snacks for the road.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried fruit of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar, optional (I left this out since I don't usually put sugar in my muesli)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients - "muesli mix"
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with cooking sprayed parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
Straight out of the oven:
Cool, slice, wrap, and freeze:
Makes 9 servings - each bar is appx. 165 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein.
Recipe from Kath Eats real Food