Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baked Oatmeal Bars

As I was making these I realized that they are basically the same ingredients I use daily in my muesli only with the addition of an egg.  Individually wrap and freeze these so that they are portable breakfasts on busy weekends or quick grab-and-go snacks for the road.

foodblog 008

  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3/4 cup dried fruit of choice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups skim milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar, optional (I left this out since I don't usually put sugar in my muesli)
  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Mix dry ingredients - "muesli mix"

foodblog 002

  1. Mix wet ingredients.
  2. Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
  3. Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with cooking sprayed parchment.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes.
  5. Cut into 9 squares.

Straight out of the oven:

foodblog 004

Cool, slice, wrap, and freeze:

foodblog 010

Makes 9 servings - each bar is appx. 165 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein.

Recipe from Kath Eats real Food

 

I’m meeting Kath, and fellow Durham blogger Sarah, today for lunch!!

1 comment:

sarah said...

that was so much fun today!! i can't wait to hear about the elodie farms dinner. and i meant it about rue cler! we should go soon!