- 1 head of green cabbage
- 2 cups cooked brown short grain rice
- 1 can white navy beans
- 1 cup diced summer squash
- 1 tsp red curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch coriander
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Tear large external leaves off of cabbage, and chop remaining inner bulb to use in saute.
- Steam dampened outer leaves for 2-3 minutes in the microwave, until slightly wilted.
- Sauté squash and cabbage in a skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil or cooking spray. After 5 minutes, add rice + beans + spices.
- When all is heated through, remove from heat and stir in egg whites
- Portion mixture into cabbage leaves (about 1/3 a cup per leaf) and roll them like tortilla wraps.
- Place seam side down into a baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is brown.
Recipe adapted from kath eat's
CSA - Week 9
2 containers of sugar snap peas
1 lb summer squash
1 lb zucchini
1 lb Chinese cabbage
1 bunch Swiss chard
1 lb tomatoes
1 lb waxed green beans