One more time...
My co-worker, GIna, shares my love of cranberries. I tried my best to save one and take it to her this past Monday at work...but my will power failed me. So I owed it to her to make another batch.
I used a different recipe (my favorite blondies EVER which I normally make with butterscoth chips).
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and mix, scraping down sides of bowl, until well combined. Mix in white chocolate and 1/2 cup cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Add the remaining cranberries to the top and gently press into batter. Bake for 42 to 45 minutes.