Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vegetable-mania

I went crazy tonight on our CSA vegetables - all but the okra (it was chopped and frozen) got chopped and roasted.  I had to use three pans we had so much!! 

It included summer squash, zucchini, a variety of peppers, 2 pints cherry tomatoes, 4 heirloom tomatoes, and leftover baby carrots.

foodblog 004

The vegetables came out so good.  I loved the combination of colors and flavors; and roasting makes the flavors even more robust and intense! 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized chunks.  Place in a single layer onto a baking sheet.  Drizzle them with a little grape seed oil or EVOO, salt and pepper.  Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on your preference of doneness.  When they come out re-season with salt (I also added some lemon pepper seasoning this time).

 

I love, love, love roasted cherry tomatoes!!

foodblog 003

I served mine with a slice of Oat, Flax, Walnut Bread

foodblog 007

Andy had his over wild rice

foodblog 005

And then as I was eating I discovered this...spread a roasted tomato onto the bread. I KNOW, so good!  It's like a concentrated homemade tomato sauce!!

foodblog 010

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi! I just came across your blog, through other foodie blogs. Your roasted vegetables look wonderful!