Saturday, September 20, 2008

Butternut Squash, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Rotini

I reheated a package of yesterday's squash puree along with 1 cup of pasta water, salt and pepper.  Tossed it with whole wheat rotini (boiled for 7 minutes), sprinkled several halved cherry tomatoes over the top, and baked at 375* for 30 minutes.  As it came out of the oven I sprinkled it with a couple ounces of goat cheese!  It was great!

(I needed to use a few summer squash up so I grated two of them, along with two minced jalapeno's, sauteed these first for a few minutes before adding the puree to the pan.)

foodblog 046

2 comments:

hot garlic said...

Great idea! I love goat cheese and this just plain looks fabulous.

And by the way, thanks for passing along that article! I didn't get a chance to read it yet but will take the time later today!

kittie said...

I love your idea of freezing up the puree - and this is a great use for it! Squash and goats cheese definitely have that 'click', don't they!