Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peaches 'N Cream Wonton Cups

A sweet, light and healthy treat, only 50 calories per cup!  Have fun mixing the yogurt flavors and fruits that are in season.  And you can fill the empty wonton cups with savory mixtures too (scrambled eggs, sausage and cheese, mushrooms and goat cheese, etc)!

foodblog 044    

24 square wonton wrappers 
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons granulated sugar 
16 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh fruit (can use berries, peaches, plums, banana, sliced grapes, etc)


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray each side the wonton wrappers with cooking spray.  Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar. Press each wonton, sugared side up, into cups a mini-muffin pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove wontons from pan to a cooling rack; cool completely.  (These can be made up to seven days in advance and stored in an air tight container.)

foodblog 041
2. Place yogurt in a medium mixing bowl; fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
3. Using a small scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with diced/sliced fruits or berries.

Recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef

3 comments:

Ann Kelly Parkhurst said...

these look pretty yummy I will have to try

hot garlic said...

This is a BRILLIANT idea! I will have to give this a go -I'll let you know! I love that it seem satisfying while still being low fat. I need to lose 5 or 10, so having some desserts like this in my arsenal would be great! I just can't give them up!

Durham is just such a beautiful place. My husband did his MBA at Duke so I got to see the sights when we flew out for graduation. I loved it, I would so live there.

mikky said...

what a great idea... looks yummy too... :) thanks for sharing