Friday, September 26, 2008

Peanut Butter and Date "Panini"

Oh how I love warm toasty bread!!  I had high expectations for this sweet and decadent panini - and I was happily surprised that they were surpassed!  The dates made the panini outstanding!

foodblog 043

The ingredients: sourdough bread, peanut butter, honey, dried dates, and cinnamon.

foodblog 045

Spread one half with peanut butter and top with freshly sliced dates.  Place honey and cinnamon on the opposite slice and toast.  Spread the outside of each slice with smart balance butter.

foodblog 047

I had packed my grill pan and kind of wanted to use my cast iron skillet anyway.

foodblog 049

This was perfect - a sweet dinner or dessert.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great idea and combo! Those Panini must taste wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa