I had a lot of fun making this meal tonight. It was quick and easy to prepare since I sauteed the veggies, chicken, and shredded the cheese last night. It's a great tasting, comforting, and really satisfying meal after a work day. Enjoy!
- TJ whole wheat crust
- TJ marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup tri-color peppers, sliced and sauteed
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced and sauteed
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced and sauteed
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone or cheddar cheese
Press out dough and quarter. Fill with chicken, peppers, cheese and garlic. Press dough over the filling and gently spread the filling out inside the "pocket". Make a small vent whole to allow the steam to escape. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with warm marinara on the side for dipping.
Spicy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
You can spice these up however you'd like. They pop in your mouth and are such a healthy treat that still gives you that guilty pleasure. I recommend you double or triple the recipe and serve a bowl of them at parties - they are utterly delicious.
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chili powder
- herbs de provence
- chipotle pepper powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. On a baking sheet, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with your choice of spices Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
Here they are straight from the oven, you can see how they split open and dry out!