Sunday, October 5, 2008

Florentine Mac & Cheese

I pulled this casserole from the freezer for an early dinner (lunch was great tasting but not very filling).  This is the second time I've made this dish and it truly does not disappoint!!  I was happily surprised by how moist and creamy it was even after freezing!!  The additions of chicken apple sausage, artichokes, and mushrooms were awesome with the creamy spinach and pasta mixture. It reminds me of a cross between creamed spinach and spinach and artichoke dip with pasta instead of the bread!!

foodblog 046

For lunch today, Andy and I split a Muir Glen Chicken Noodle soup can along with a couple small slices of pumpernickel bread and butter.  The soup was really nice and the bread was delicious dipped in the remaining broth.

foodblog 054

Boy, how my garden grew while I was away!  It's the beginning of October and my tomato and pepper plants are still going strong.

foodblog 038

No comments: