Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Sugar Cookies and Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte

Andy and I also made our annual Halloween sugar cookies this afternoon.  We finally learned our cookie roles this time: Andy makes the dough, I roll it out and make the icing, and Andy cuts the shapes out.  Then we both do some decorating. 

Each batch of dough makes approx 15 cookies.  We made the dough a few weeks ago and froze it in discs.  I thawed the dough in the fridge overnight, but I'm sure you could leave it at room temp for 1-2 hours also.

foodblog 065

The cookies after baking

foodblog 114

Our decorating supplies: sprinkles, orange and white confectioner/water icing (I also like to occasionally make purple), and black gel.

foodblog 118

Here's the three I decorated and then Andy went whimsical on the rest.

foodblog 124

foodblog 007 

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Latte

foodblog 104

I saw these a few days ago over on  Stephanie's blog and was excited to try these out as the perfect accompaniment to our cookies.  They were pretty darn good, my only gripe was a little pumpkin puree was left at the bottom of the mugs, but that was no biggie.

foodblog 109

I'd never used my "little dipper" before, these fit inside perfectly and made enough for two servings.

No comments: