Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kath's Kale Chips

I finally tried Kale Chips! They were on sale this week at Kroger for $.99 lb and I'm hoping they will be for a bit longer this fall. These were super fun and surprising to eat! The kale got really crunchy but some still had slight bite to it. These are hard to explain, but fun and delicious so just try them for yourselves!

Before

foodblog 066

1 bunch of kale (a sacks worth)

  • Preheat oven to about 375*
  • Remove stems by stripping the leaves off, chop or tear inton bite sized pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly!
  • Spread out on cookie sheets, I used two.
  • Drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil
  • Sprinkle seasonings of choice and salt/pepper.
  • Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan. Toss and bake for 2-3 minutes longer.
  • foodblog 072

    We have leftovers too, so I am going to try and recrisp them this weekend by sticking them back in the oven another 5-10 minutes. I'll let you know how they do.

    2 comments:

    Amy said...

    oh, I'm glad to see you tried them because I actually just put kale on the grocery list to get tomorrow so I can try this recipe. Where did you get it for .99/lb?

    runningwithfood.com said...

    I love kale chips! Aren't they the best?!