Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Dinner Rolls

Yummy! I can't wait to try these. The dough was super easy to work with too!

foodblog 043

I made a half batch (2 dozen) of these today using Tammy's recipe. My sister made these several years ago for Thanksgiving and we loved them. There's really no good reason why they haven't made it on our Thanksgiving menu since then - they were very quick to pull together all in one bowl, quick to form into dough balls, and will be so delicious right out of the oven!!

For now though, you know me, these are destined for the freezer. We are saving these to serve with Irish Beef Stout Stew at Halloween when we'll be back on Topsail Island with Andy's aunt and uncle! Though I will likely give one dozen of these a test run before then.

I used these tips on freezing the dinner roll dough.

Update: The rolls baked up perfectly after being frozen and thawed. I thawed four dinner rolls over night in the fridge. An hour before baking I set them out in a warm spot to rise.

foodblog 007

I then brushed them with EVOO (or butter) and baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. These are best served piping hot!

foodblog 012

*****************************************************************

With the leftover canned pumpkin I couldn't resist having a pumpkin, cinnamon, apple butter, plain Greek yogurt, and granola snack. The apple butter was homemade by friend of the family back in KY. I was so happy to receive this, I had been dying for some!

foodblog 041

No comments: