Saturday, November 8, 2008

Banana Oat Breakfast Smoothie

This smoothie calls for rolled oats to be placed right in the blender.  I'd heard of this before and have been wanting to try it.  I didn't notice much of a consistency difference, it was a little more filling than most but still not a substantial breakfast in my book.

foodblog 038

  • 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1 banana, cut into thirds (I recommend freezing beforehand to make the smoothie icy)
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

foodblog 031

In a blender, combine oats, yogurt, banana, fat-free milk, honey, and cinnamon; puree until smooth. Serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food Magazine

1 comment:

runningwithfood said...

It sure sounds and looks good!

I agree with you ... I'm never satisfied with a liquid breakfast - or any meal for that matter. I have the need to chew! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!