Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dried Cranberry Whole Wheat Muffins

I whipped these together the other night with the attempt to make them as healthy as I could and see if I could "mess them up".  The answer - they were  great!  I served them below with TJ's Cranberry Apple Butter - so good!

foodblog 016

  • 1 cup apple sauce
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 3 eggs (next time I’m going to try using 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or any mix-in)

Line a muffin tin with paper liners or sprtiz with cooking spray.  Bake at 325 degrees for approx 30 minutes.

 

Winter CSA - Week 3

foodblog 010 

1 lb stew beef

2 lbs whole wheat flour

1 lb broccoli

1 butternut squash

2 delicata squash

No comments: