Thanksgiving Day: Cranberry, Apple, Sausage Stuffing; The Best Broccoli Cheese Casserole (see below); Sweet Potato Casserole, Roasted Cranberry-Ginger Sauce; and leftover Turkey and Gravy and Cranberry Date Bars
Saturday: leftovers and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Torta
Sunday: Buffalo Chicken Chili
I searched and searched for this Broccoli and Cheese Casserole online, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I had no other choice but to type it up. My search did lead me to many broccoli cheese casseroles that included condensed soups, onions, chicken bouillon cubes, lima beans, cheese quiz - egh! My Aunt Deanna started making this recipe years ago and it is the BEST! Yes, it uses Velveeta but once a year isn't so bad :o)
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- 2 boxes frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Grease medium sized casserole dish and crumble 1/2 package of Ritz crackers in the bottom.
- Cook broccoli in a medium sauce pan and drain well. Add Velveeta cheese to broccoli and stir until melted. Pour into casserole dish.
- Crumble remaining 1/2 package of crackers over the top. Combine melted butter with lemon juice and pour over the top of the crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.