Sunday, November 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

mpmfall

Monday: Slow Cooker Beef with Cranberries, Pumpkin Dinner Rolls, and Roasted Asparagus

Tuesday: Macaroni & Four Cheese with Easy Creamed Spinach

Wednesday: leftovers

Thanksgiving Day: Cranberry, Apple, Sausage Stuffing; The Best Broccoli Cheese Casserole (see below); Sweet Potato Casserole, Roasted Cranberry-Ginger Sauce; and leftover Turkey and Gravy and Cranberry Date Bars

Friday: Five-Layer Turkey "Shepherd's" Pie

Saturday: leftovers and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Torta

Sunday: Buffalo Chicken Chili

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I searched and searched for this Broccoli and Cheese Casserole online, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I had no other choice but to type it up. My search did lead me to many broccoli cheese casseroles that included condensed soups, onions, chicken bouillon cubes, lima beans, cheese quiz - egh! My Aunt Deanna started making this recipe years ago and it is the BEST! Yes, it uses Velveeta but once a year isn't so bad :o)

Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

  • 2 boxes frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
  • 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  1. Grease medium sized casserole dish and crumble 1/2 package of Ritz crackers in the bottom.
  2. Cook broccoli in a medium sauce pan and drain well. Add Velveeta cheese to broccoli and stir until melted. Pour into casserole dish.
  3. Crumble remaining 1/2 package of crackers over the top. Combine melted butter with lemon juice and pour over the top of the crackers.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love how you plan your meals every week. I am usually so burned out after work that I don't even want to make something that takes just 10 minutes!

The pumpkin cheesecake looks phenomenal-- I'm adding that to my list of recipes to try!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

I added you to the CEiMB website! Please send me an e-mail at cravingellieinmybelly@gmail.com for further info. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how easy this broccoli & cheese casserole was to make. Luckily, I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and was able to whip this together in no time flat. I can smell it baking now . Yummy! The lemon butter will add a nice touch to the cracker crumb topping. I will be making your baked cranberries Wednesday evening. Looking forward to it too. Thanks for the great recipe ideas!