Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sandy's Easy Black Bean, Kielbasa and Rice Soup

This is a super fast and tasty soup from Andy's mom.  I remember eating this many years ago (over seven) when Andy and I were still dating.  It's still a very satisfying soup on a chilly night and I score big points with the hubby for making it!

foodblog 003

  • 2 cans beef broth
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 medium-size onion,chopped
  • 4 cans (15oz cans) black beans
  • 1 jar (16oz) salsa
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • 1 lb turkey kielbasa, diced
  • 2 cups brown or wild rice, pre-cooked

Combine broth, water & onion- medium heat.  Cook 5 minutes until the onions are tender.  Rinse and drain 3 cans of beans.  In blender, puree 1 can of undrained beans.  Add all beans and puree to broth.  Stir in Salsa and cumin. Stir in kielbasa and rice.  Cook 10 minutes.  For thicker soup, simmer longer. 

2 comments:

runningwithfood.com said...

This looks and sounds AMAZING! I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe ... thanks for sharing!

Have a great day!!

Danko Family said...

I think Eric would really like this. I'm going to try it one of these days. I love any kind of chili, but he doesn't like diced tomatoes or chunks of tomatoes of any kind. This recipe will be perfect!