Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Breakfast and Dessert!

I couldn't think of a better way to kick the Thanksgiving holiday off than for a filling breakfast of Kath's Classic Banana Oatmeal. My logic was that this should be filling enough to get me to our Thanksgiving meal which I'm thinking we'll eat at around 1 PM...that was until our "best neighbors" brought us warm, sugary, freshly made donuts!! They paired up nicely with the oatmeal and my coffee with silk eggnog!

foodblog 009

The plate full of donuts!

foodblog 006

My Mom shared this recipe for Cranberry Date Bars that we all love! So for dessert snacking this week we'll be having these!

This time I used all whole wheat flour instead of white flour and instead of 1 cup butter I used 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup canola oil. It worked out just the same!!

foodblog 004 These are great, little bar cookies!

foodblog_004

1 comment:

Kath said...

Sounds like a great way to start Thanksgiving Day!!

Thanks for the Oprah link too :)