These are so cute and irresistibly good! It's a chocolate covered brownie with a peppermint or cherry flavored candy cane stick! The chewy brownie is a perfect contrast to the crunchy candy cane!
These also happen to fit perfectly with Ashley's pick for this weeks BSI - Peppermint! I wish I had more of these little goodies!
- 1 pkg (18-21 oz) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 24 candy canes
- 10 oz chocolate-flavored almond bark
- Additional decorations such as red jimmies (optional)
1. Line a Medium Sheet Pan with a 13-in. piece of Parchment Paper; lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; pour batter into pan. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven to a Cooling Rack; cool 20 minutes or until still slightly warm.
2. Meanwhile, cut straight ends of candy canes off to form 4½-in. sticks using a Knife. Place candy cane tops into resealable plastic bag and crush using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; set aside.
3. Using Medium Scoop, scoop brownie into 24 rounded scoops, packing brownie into scoop using hands. (Entire brownie will be used.) Roll brownie scoops into smooth balls. Insert candy cane sticks into centers of balls, mounding brownie around each stick.
4. Place almond bark into a medium bowl; microwave according to package directions until smooth. Spoon melted bark evenly over each brownie ball, turning to coat completely. Allow excess bark to drip off. Dip into reserved crushed candy canes or jimmies and stand upright on a piece of Parchment Paper. Repeat with remaining almond bark, lollipops and crushed candy. Let stand until set. Place into miniature cupcake liners.
From The Pampered Chef® Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection
We had a simple lunch of ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwiches and a store bought red pepper soup.
We're having leftover taco-zanga for dinner and watching some Mary Tyler Moore episodes this evening. Good night all!