This weeks CEiMB recipe pick was a colorful side dish. This medley was great, but honestly I'd rather just have a pan full of brussel sprouts. If you've never roasted them, you're really missing out! Really!! I leftout the beets and added turnips and parnsips instead.
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and chunked
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chunked
- 3 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the vegetables and garlic cloves into a large baking dish and toss with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables into the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, stirring the vegetable mixture once or twice.
Stir the thyme into the carrot and Brussels sprouts mixture and let it continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.