The chicken was very tender and juicy after shredding it and stirring it back into the salsa mixture. This was a very good and easy taco salad!
My friend Kate came up Friday night for our girls weekend. We had a quick and hearty meal and then headed to Southpoint Mall for some shopping and to see the movie Four Christmas'. It was a super fun night!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food
The moon on Friday night was extra nice too.