Friday, January 9, 2009

Apple, Blue Cheese, Pecan Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

I did my own rendition of a fantastic salad my aunt made for us over Christmas. I'd never had apples, blue cheese and poppy seed dressing together before but once I tasted it, I loved it. I decided to add pecans to the mix and serve it over mixed greens instead of romaine like she did. Andy and I loved this salad...for the second time around!

foodblog 016

  • 1/4 cup OJ
  • 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
  • 4 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine
  • 1 diced granny smith apple
  • 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans

Combine first 5 ingredients to make dressing and set aside. In a large bowl toss together the remaining ingredients. Drizzle on half the dressing, toss to coat each leaf evenly. Save the other half of the dressing for a later use.

3 comments:

Amy said...

yum! That looks so fresh and crisp. Definitely something I'd like.

Jen said...

This looks fabulous! Thanks for the recipe.

Have a great Saturday!

Megan said...

Oh wow-- I'll have to try this sometime!