I did my own rendition of a fantastic salad my aunt made for us over Christmas. I'd never had apples, blue cheese and poppy seed dressing together before but once I tasted it, I loved it. I decided to add pecans to the mix and serve it over mixed greens instead of romaine like she did. Andy and I loved this salad...for the second time around!
- 1/4 cup OJ
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine
- 1 diced granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Combine first 5 ingredients to make dressing and set aside. In a large bowl toss together the remaining ingredients. Drizzle on half the dressing, toss to coat each leaf evenly. Save the other half of the dressing for a later use.