Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baked Potato Fries with Creamy Herb Dip

Happy Saturday!

I've made a few changes to the side bar of the blog. You'll also see a new feature where my readers can enroll as a blog "follower". Enrolling will allow us all to see my blog readers and will keep you updated on my new posts on your Blogger Dashboard. I love knowing who my readers are!! :o)

foodblog 017

We had a fun lunch today, why do finger foods bring also put a smile on my face? Maybe it's one of the few times I get to feel like a kid? I took an Ellie Krieger recipe that was for baked potatoes with a creamy topping and instead made turned them into baked fries with a creamy dip!!

  • 4 small russet potatoes (about 1 1/4 pound total)
  • 1 Tbsp EVOO
  • 1/2 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt or 2/3 cup regular, plain nonfat yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Slice each potato into 8 wedges. Drizzle with EVOO and season with s&p.

If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with paper towel and set the strainer over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain and thicken for 20 minutes.

Combine the Greek-style yogurt or regular thickened yogurt, the oil, parsley and chives of the in a small bowl.

Click here for original recipe

We're off to cheer on UK as they (hopefully) victor over Vandy!

No comments: