Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cornucopia Salad with leftover Poppy Seed Dressing

While in Savannah last fall Andy and I ordered the Cornucopia Salad at The Lady & Sons. Today, to use up our remaining lettuce and dressing I thought I would replicate my own version using some of the same ingredients. This is just as good, if not better, than our salad earlier this weekend! I'm loving this light dressing recipe!

My favorite fork combination ended up being lettuce, a banana slice, and piece of dried plum!

foodblog 006

  • 1/4 cup OJ
  • 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt or sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
  • 4 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
  • 1/4 cup dried plums, diced
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
  • 1/4 cup cashews

Combine first 5 ingredients to make dressing and set aside (makes enough for four large salads). In a large bowl toss together the remaining ingredients. Drizzle on half the dressing, toss to coat each leaf evenly. Divide the salad and toppings between two bowls. Save the other half of the dressing for a later use.

My sweet boys love to lay with me as I watch TV. I got up to blog my lunch post and here they remain waiting for my return. They also love to be completely covered with the blanket.

finleywilson 005

1 comment:

Jen (Running with Food) said...

I never thought of putting banana in a salad?! Sounds like a fabulous idea!

You will have a blast in Asheville - have you ever been?? Such a neat little town. I'm planning another trip to the Biltmore with a friend this Spring.

Oh, thanks for the recipe for your banana-blueberry bread as well! :)