Hello All! I was excited all day about coming home to prepare this dish! It was enjoyable to make and watch all the different components come together into one amazing dish. This is a blend of gnocchi, pesto, chicken and mushrooms. Nuff said!!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, store bought
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, very thinly sliced
- 1 fresh bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 package, whole-wheat gnocchi
Place a large pot of water on to boil for gnocchi.
Heat a pot with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and lightly brown. Remove to a plate and add another tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, celery, and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper. Soften 5 minutes, sprinkle in flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in stock, slide the chicken back into the pot and simmer to allow sauce to thicken.
Salt cooking water and drop gnocchi in the water, cook until the gnocchi floats, drain and add 1 tablespoon butter and the lemon zest; season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss the gnocchi 2 to 3 minutes in lemon butter until light golden at edges.
Turn heat off chicken and stir in pesto sauce. Serve the chicken in shallow bowls and top with lemon butter dumplings.