This has a wonderful sage brown butter sauce that leaves your mouth wanting more!
1 head cauliflower (about 2½ pounds), cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
1 pound penne pasta
1/3 pound sliced boiled ham, cut into ribbons
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and toss; season with salt and pepper. Bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook, without stirring, until the butter is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in the sage and remove from the heat.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain and return the pasta to the pot. Stir in the ham, cauliflower and reserved pasta cooking water. Stir in the sage butter and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray Magazine
Spiced Pumpkin Bread with Dried Plums
I think Tina is the best healthy baker, I always love weekends when she has time to think up and prepare some new goody! This is Tina's recipe for Squash Dried Plum Bread. What's amazing about this loaf is it doesn't call for any oil. I was interested to see how this turned out and found it to be exactly what I was hoping it would be.
Makes 1 loaf
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces (1/2 can) pumpkin puree
- 25 dried plums, halved - optional
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease loaf pan.
3. Once mixed, pour batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.