Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sweet Sunday

I was up bright and early this morning at 6 AM and decided to start the day off with the urge to make a weeks worth of old-fashioned oatmeal.  I did a combo of 4 cups oats, 8 cups liquid, dried cranberries, and salt.  Towards the end I stirred in ground flax, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.  This provided me with 10 (2/3-cup portions.  While this was cooking I went ahead and) boiled Andy's hard-boiled eggs (he eats one a day in his lunch box).

foodblog 009

I had a cup of coffee with skim milk and checked email as this was occurring.  Andy awake in time for us to get ready for the 8 AM early service at church, which we both prefer so that we can be in and out and still have the whole day ahead of us.  We were back home today by 9:05 AM!!!

We ordered Papa John's thin crust pizza with mushrooms and black olives for lunch (I was in the mood for green olives but was told they don't offer them!!)

-Picture from last pizza order-

foodblog 073

My step-dad, David showed me some nice features on Time Warner's On-demand programming.  I was unaware that they offered free on-demand movies and workout sessions.  This afternoon, I finally ventured outside of my comfort zone with the TV programming and did the Yoga: Refresh and Renew and Pilate's: Leg Slimmer & Toner.  The yoga workout was very similar to the classes I took earlier this year at Duke (which I really enjoyed and miss now that we work off of Duke's campus) and I'm interested in learning more about Pilate through the several program workouts On-demand has available.  I specifically chose legs this time because they've been feeling neglected during these colder winter months.

Photo from Fitsugar.com - this isn't me, but I do love this pose.

clip_image001[4]

The rest of my day includes:

  • catching up on some phone calls
  • prepping the ingredients for tomorrow's slow cooker dish
  • preparing tomorrow's side dish of fried rice
  • watching the Kentucky vs Louisville b-ball game at 4:30 PM
  • putting away laundry
  • brushing the dogs teeth (I try to do this once a week)

1 comment:

Rona's Home Page said...

What a nice way to spend your Sunday.
We attend church services at 6pm since we have to work. I find it a pleasant way to end and start our week.