Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whole Wheat Tortilla Antip-izza

My super-sweet and funny blogger buddy Jen left me a cute message this afternoon, that I hope she doesn't mind me sharing, "Hey girl! I swear that I star every single one of your posts/recipes!! We definitely have similar tastes. :) " What a compliment! My hope is that most of my recipe are healthy, easy, and fun to make.

This super quick dish definitely falls into all three of those categories. I used Ellie Krieger's method of using whole wheat tortillas as a super thin crust for pizzas. The TJ flax seed tortilla itself was 120 calories, cheese and topping approx another 200 which makes a whole one of these crispy babies only 300 calories a piece!

foodblog 003

  • 4 whole-wheat tortillas (6- inches in diameter)
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted calamata olives
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped artichokes
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated skim cheese blend

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Put the tortillas onto a baking sheet and top each with sauce, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle some cheese on top of each pizza and bake for 10 minutes.

foodblog 002

Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes then slice each tortilla into 4 wedges.

foodblog 007

Recipe adapted from here and here

3 comments:

Jen (Running with Food) said...

I definitely don't mind at all!

It's all true ... your recipes are fun, easy AND healthy, which I love!

Have a great day!

The Healthy Hostess said...

Your pizza looks amazing! Thanks for your comment! I love you blog, you have lots of great ideas!
:)

Steph said...

I feel dumb - I've made pizzas on pitas and english muffins - why didn't I ever think of tortillas!? I'll have to try it.

And I LOVE TJ's Whole Wheat and Flax tortillas!