Tonight I quickly threw together a batch of Tina's Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (she's my favorite healthy cookie baker)! The batter only took 5 minutes to mix and about 10 minutes to bake. These are everything you'd imagine they would be, all the flavors come through nicely. I don't see these lasting long in anyone's house.
We're having a spinach and mushroom frozen pizza for dinner and then looking forward to a romantic evening for two tomorrow night!
Makes approximately 30 mini-cookies, 50 calories a piece
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 cup oats
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
• 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
• 1/4 cup skim or soy milk
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/2 cup chocolate or butterscotch chips combo
• Preheat oven to 350*F.
• Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
• Use a tablespoon to portion cookies on a greased baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart.
• Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
• Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.