Andy guiltily admitted that he indulges in (excuse my language but I'm going to say it)...MCDONALD'S breakfast burrito's a couple times a week on his way into work. Fast food, yuck!!
He asked last weekend if we could try to make something similar for him to take and heat up at work since he really enjoys them on occasion. I typically pack a hard boiled egg, an apple, orange or banana, and either a whole wheat english muffin, mini-bagel, or old-fashioned oatmeal for him.
Here's our attempt:
- flour tortillas (he could only find white, but normally we would use whole wheat)
- ground sausage (1 small patty per tortilla)
- scrambled eggs (1 per tortilla)
- cheddar cheese slices (1 per tortilla)
- salsa, on the side (to prevent sogginess)
Cook sausage patties, crumble and drain. Cook eggs. Allow sausage and eggs to completely cool. Divide out egg and sausage, 1 per tortilla. Top with cheese.
Roll and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Freeze in a freezer safe bag. Reheat in the microwave 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, cool slightly and enjoy.