Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CEiMB: Nutty Granola

Leslie of Lethally Delicious chose this weeks CEiMB recipe pick. I adore Ellie's granola recipe, I make it several times a year...basically whenever I'm out of crunchy toppings for my morning oatmeal or yogurt. I love the maple-cinnamon flavor that this recipe has!

finleywilson 030

Cooking Spray

3 cups old-fashioned oats

1/2 cup chopped raw, unsalted walnuts

1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds

1/2 cup chopped unsalted pecans (I used pumpkin seeds instead)

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, optional

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

9 comments:

applecrumbles said...

We used it on our oatmeal, on yogurt, as a topping on fish with crab... it goes so far! Of course, we are also guilty of just grabbing handfuls and shoveling it into our mouths. Good granola!

Aggie said...

This granola is great!! I wish I had some cinnamon when I was baking it...next time!

Cathy said...

We loved this too! This was my first time making it, but now I know that I will make this over and over again. Yours looks great!

Sara said...

Looks great. Pumpkin seeds is an interesting idea, I'll have to try that out.

Mary Ann said...

It looks delicious and I know it was. Definitely a perfect pick!

Peggy said...

Didn't you just love love this? I'm so glad we made this for this week's choice. It was good granola. Enjoyed baking with you this week!

Leslie said...

Yours looks so delicious, Jessica! I'm a granola convert now that I know how easy and fast it is to make. Ellie's recipe is so delicious and not too sweet, which was my big objection to granola in the past. Thanks for cooking with me this week!

What's for Supper? said...

This was mighty tasty!

Pamela said...

Looks great! This was my first time making granola and although I over baked it, I still enjoyed it. I will definitely be making it again.