Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Greek Fish with Roasted Vegetables

I've had this dish on my menu plan for several months and I kept bumping it back further and further; I was just never "feeling" like making it.  Boy am I glad a finally did!  Instead of breading the tilapia I sauteed it with oregano, salt and pepper and then finished it with a squeeze of lemon.  It was delish!  The roasted vegetables and Greek yogurt topped it off nicely.  Finally, I served it with "greenwheat" that I needed to use up out of the pantry.  It was basically cooked wheat or spelt berries in my opinion.  The pairing was scrumptious!

foodblog 013

  • 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
  • 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
  • 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, your favorite kind
  • 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons EVOO, divided
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • Zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2, divided
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay
  • 2 tilapia filets (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
  • 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt

Preheat oven to 400°F.

For the roasted veggie salad, toss together the peppers, red onion, tomatoes and olives on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon EVOO, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until lightly brown and tender, about 15 minutes.

While the vegetables are cooking, put a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon EVOO in the bottom of the pan. Season the tilapia filets on both sides with salt and pepper and oregano.  

foodblog 010

Once the EVOO is hot, cook the tilapia until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.

In a large bowl. toss all the roasted vegetables together with the lemon juice.  Serve tilapia with roasted vegetables and a dollop of yogurt on top.

Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray Show

foodblog 002

2 comments:

Amy said...

That looks great! I often put fish recipes off for some reason. I think I am meant to order it in restaurants instead of cook it or something.

Mo said...

Jessica,
Wow, does this fish recipe sound amazing. I love the combo of all those flavors. I have to say, I think your photography is what put me over the edge. I probably wouldn't have thought much of the recipe until I saw YOUR photo.

Thanks for posting!