Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I came home last night to a surprise Valentine's day red gift bag!  I LOVE surprises and we weren't planning on getting each other any in particular.  I had shopped throughout the week, mainly at Wine Authorities, for some fun eats that I knew we'd enjoy noshing on together.  That was my gift to the hubby.  I dreamt all night about what was in my red Valentine's bag...I finally came to the conclusion that it was a cookbook...but what one?  I was right!  Andy purchased Martha Stewart's Hors D'oeuvres Handbook for me!!  He said he wanted to get me a cookbook I'd love but not one that I'd expect!  He did a perfect job - we don't buy gifts for each other much so this one was extra special to me!  Andy loved his v-day gift too (and I highly recommend the "recipe for love"! 

Here's our v-day nibblers: hot soppresseta, cheese, dates, pepperocini's, clementines. olive ciabatta, and more champagne.  We've still got the Chardonnay to enjoy later.

foodblog 012

foodblog 015

Decadent chocolates with a secret note "once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale"!  I had the first two tonight, along with several Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies!

foodblog 023

We finished off our evening for two with Nights in Rodanthe!  Wonderful!

1 comment:

Mo said...

Looks like you had a lovely Valentine's Day!