Loved this pizza!! Scroll down and check out this stir together all in one bowl, no knead or rise time needed, whole wheat pizza dough! I was SO nervous about how the crust would turn out especially since I knew we would love all the toppings and would have HATED to have to throw them out. Surprisingly we both adored the crust, it was crisp and crunchy and the easiest, quickest pizza dough you’ll ever find! The tofu was pressed the night before and cooked in a mini slow cooker whole I was at work today. I couldn’t have been happier with how this whole pizza turned out :o)
(And yes, Mom it still is a pizza even if it has BBQ sauce and tofu on it…Wolfgang Puck said so – “you don’t have to use marina sauce for it to be a pizza.”)
- Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, see below
- 1/2 recipe Slow Cooker BBQ Tofu, see below
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar
Preheat oven to 425. Spread BBQ sauce on crust and pile on the toppings with a sprinkling of cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow the pizza to cool and the crust to crisp a bit more, at least 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker BBQ Tofu
Recipe courtesy of Geeky Poet
Press the tofu to get it firmer. To do this slice into fourths and wrap it in a towel (paper or dish towel) and sit a heavy pan on it for 15 - 20 minutes to press out the water. Unwrap and dice tofu. Put 1 cup of bbq sauce in slow cooker and mix in tofu. Cook on low 4 - 8 hours.
Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Stir together flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt, oil, and water. Stir well until ball of dough is formed.
- Oil your pizza stone and hands, press out dough evenly with your finger tips.