This pasta dish was super easy to make and was SO good! I would diffidently purchase Aidells meatballs again, they come pre-cooked and very well seasoned! The meatballs combined with the sweet acorn squash and cream cheese were an awesome compliment to one another!
- 12 oz whole wheat penne
- 8 oz block of reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups Acorn Squash Puree, or 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen winter squash puree, thawed
- 9 Aidells Chicken & Turkey Meatballs Buffalo Style, each meatball quartered
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spritz a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove, cover and bring to a rolling boil. Cook penne 10-11 minutes. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Add cream cheese to the warm pasta.
- Stir to combine. Add in the remaining ingredients.
Serves 8, 325 calories per serving
I tried a smashed banana and peanut butter sandwich this morning; I chose to have mine open-faced. I used toasted Ezekial cinnamon raisin bread as the base and sprinkled the banana with cinnamon. I saw these recently on both Kath’s and Katie’s blogs. The smashed banana really was the key, it was similar to a banana marmalade with peanut butter drizzled all through it! It’s the perfect use for an over-ripe banana too.