Like biscotti, these are twice baked to ensure an extra crisp granola bar.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit or nut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat pumpkin, molasses, honey, and oil until smooth and combined, for about 2 minutes. Stir in extract.
- Fold in oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and dried fruit or nuts. Press mixture into prepared pan, bake for 25 minutes. Turn oven up to 400 degrees.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. Slice, using a pizza cutter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes per side, until crisp. Cool on a wire rack, the bars will crisp a bit more after completely cool.
Yield: 12 bars, 150 calories each