Tonight is my 500th posting!! I can honestly say that I've really enjoyed each and every post to my food blog. I think of this blog as my own personal cookbook and love that I can look back and pull my recipes from the past almost 2 years! For me, one of the keys to enjoying it is that I've never put any requirements or made up any rules for myself. I simply post photos and recipes of what I've been up to in the kitchen (usually daily) but it's not something I feel guilty about if it doesn't happen.
I also want to say thanks to all the "blog foodie friends" I've come across since I began my blog in May 2007. You all really inspire me and make blogging a pleasurable outlet.
Some Worthwhile Green Stuff
- GreenPrint - software eliminates unwanted pages saving paper, ink, money, and millions of trees
- Bloggers, Help Fight Climate Change! - show your support to fight climate change
Ok, onto that cooking stuff....bachelorette night #2. Tonight was a simple and super quick meal...totally Kath inspired. She's been posting about tempeh pumpkin butter sandwiches and sweet potato chips that have been making my mouth water. I found the sandwich to be quite impressive for such little work, I plan to pack this for my work lunches on occasion. The chips were great too, they reminded me of corn tortilla chips, only with a slight sweet potato flavor.
- 2 slices Irish Soda Bread
- 3 oz slice Three Grain Tempeh (from Trader Joe's or check near the tofu at your grocery)
- 2 Tbsp Cranberry Apple Butter
On the side I had some more roasted Green beans with Green Goddess Dip.
Finally, in true Kath fashion I served this with a diet tonic, pom juice, lime mocktail.
- 3 oz pom juice
- 8 oz diet tonic
- 1 squeeze of a lime wedge