Monday, March 16, 2009

My 500th Post!

Tonight is my 500th posting!!  I can honestly say that I've really enjoyed each and every post to my food blog. I think of this blog as my own personal cookbook and love that I can look back and pull my recipes from the past almost 2 years!  For me, one of the keys to enjoying it is that I've never put any requirements or made up any rules for myself.  I simply post photos and recipes of what I've been up to in the kitchen (usually daily) but it's not something I feel guilty about if it doesn't happen. 

I also want to say thanks to all the "blog foodie friends" I've come across since I began my blog in May 2007.  You all really inspire me and make blogging a pleasurable outlet.

Some Worthwhile Green Stuff

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok, onto that cooking stuff....bachelorette night #2.  Tonight was a simple and super quick meal...totally Kath inspired.  She's been posting about tempeh pumpkin butter sandwiches and sweet potato chips that have been making my mouth water.  I found the sandwich to be quite impressive for such little work, I plan to pack this for my work lunches on occasion.  The chips were great too, they reminded me of corn tortilla chips, only with a slight sweet potato flavor.

foodblog 012

  • 2 slices Irish Soda Bread
  • 3 oz slice Three Grain Tempeh (from Trader Joe's or check near the tofu at your grocery)
  • 2 Tbsp Cranberry Apple Butter

That's it!

On the side I had some more roasted Green beans with Green Goddess Dip.

Finally, in true Kath fashion I served this with a diet tonic, pom juice, lime mocktail.

foodblog 006

  • 3 oz pom juice
  • 8 oz diet tonic
  • 1 squeeze of a lime wedge

1 Jessica Blog signature

3 comments:

Not Another Omnivore said...

Yay 500! Glad you've enjoyed the ride :)

NAOmni

simplyfabulousnow said...

500!! wicked! I'm so glad I found your blog!

Rona's Home Page said...

Congratulations on your 500 post!
I enjoy pulling up recipes from my blog too.
Tuesday is my day off and I enjoy setting some time aside to visit MPM bloggers.
Thanks for providing some inspiration for future menu plans. Enjoy your week.