Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whole Wheat Crepes with Sautéed Bananas and Chocolate

Oh the possibilities for my last two crepes…

foodblog 008

More Sweet Crepes!

Serves 2

  • 2 whole wheat crepes, premade
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • cinnamon sprinkling
  • chocolate syrup drizzle 
  1. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium. Add bananas, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook, stirring occasionally, until bananas are lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes. foodblog 002

  2. Fold crepes into quarters; top with bananas and chocolate.

foodblog 009

Recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine

1 Jessica Blog signature

6 comments:

Not Another Omnivore said...

I love how often you've been posting lately, even if I seem to miss some. This looks absolutely fantastic by the way!

NAOmni

Sara said...

Um, yes please. I will take 2. These look so great.

Sam said...

Hi Jessica - this dessert looks great. I also like the one you posted earlier with banana and dates - yum yum. Just one question though - you mentioned that you used the premade crepes - - once you made your crepes do you store in the fridge and if so low long will they keep? Thanks
Sam

Jessica said...

Yes, I placed a sheet of waxed paper between each crepe and stored them in the fridge on a plate with saran wrap over the top. I heated them in the microwave for 20 seconds to take the chill off. I don't know exactly how long they would store but I would say a good 3-4 days.

sam said...

Jessica - thanks so much for your quick reply to my question! and thanks for the crepe ideas - I am going to make some tonight :)
Sam

Kelsey said...

H. Yeah!!! This looks awesome!!