Monday, April 6, 2009

Banana and Sweet Potato Mash

Once you’ve tried a smashed banana with sweet potatoes…the two will become inseparable. I love the pairing and the way the banana adds a sweet tanginess. I drizzled in a little honey along with a grating of fresh nutmeg…and dived into my evening “vegetable”, that tasted more like a pre-dessert.

foodblog 064

Banana and Sweet Potato Mash

  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
  • nutmeg, pinch
  • salt and pepper

Boil sweet potato until fork tender. Mash in banana, milk, sugar and seasonings.

foodblog 058

I also heated up a few cocktail rye breads topped with hanky panky (these had been premade and frozen). I had two of these little guys, which are one of our favorite comfort foods. The bread gets nice and toasted, the cheese is warm and smooth, and the meat has a little spiciness!

foodblog 043

I’m also having leftover Cranberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Crisp for dessert tonight (just swap out a cup of frozen cranberries for the tart cherries in the recipe linked above). Here’s a photo recap of when I made it over the weekend….

foodblog 027 foodblog 029

Somebody's spoon fell in…

foodblog 035

I love fresh fruit crisps…

foodblog 041

1 Jessica Blog signature

No comments: